In order to provide you with the most exceptional level of dental care, we sometimes collaborate with dental specialists such as periodontists and endodontists on your behalf.
Through professional partnership and referrals we can ensure that you receive the appropriate treatment for all of your oral health concerns.
An endodontist is the dental specialist who performs root canals. With an advanced education in the study and treatment of the dental nerve, an endodontist has the knowledge and the specialized equipment to diagnose and treat the problems that are related to the nerve tissue inside of the teeth.
When is endodontic treatment recommended?
- When a tooth has become abscessed (Inflammation or infection of the tooth pulp).
- When the tooth is extremely sensitive to hot and cold temperatures.
- When very deep tooth decay has reached the nerve within the tooth.
- When a tooth is severely chipped or broken.
- When the tooth is suffered a traumatic injury or a hard hit.
- When swelling or tenderness has been detected near the infected tooth.
- When a tooth has been traumatized by repeated dental procedures.
Please contact our office for an evaluation if you experience any of the symptoms above. The vast majority of endodontic therapies can be completed right here in our office although we may occasionally refer you to an endodontic specialist for more complex procedures.
A periodontist specializes in the treatment and surgery of gum tissue, connective tissues, and bone structure which surrounds the teeth. Gum disease, or periodontal disease, is the most common cause of periodontal problems.
When is periodontal treatment recommended?
- When the gums recede or pull away from the teeth to the root portion of the teeth.
- When plaque and tarter buildup have caused the tooth structure to appear discolored or deteriorated.
- When holes or pockets have been detected between the teeth and the gums.
- When inflammation and bleeding have been noted along the gumline.
- When the teeth are loose or appear to have moved.
Gum disease can be damaging to your dental health, but the condition can be corrected and controlled when you seek immediate professional dental care. Our team is knowledgeable and experienced in providing non-surgical periodontal therapy as well as many periodontal surgery procedures. If advanced periodontal care is indicated, we may also refer you to a periodontist for additional treatments.
For a complete periodontal evaluation please contact our office today.